Home

 Theme: Butterflies

 


    This card took quite a few more twists than I planned on but I like the outcome and I love the sentiments I paired together. For this top folding card I stamped Birch Trees from KSS with Distress Oxides in Ground Espresso (#2) & Vintage Photo (#1). I used Distress Inks for the foliage from darkest to lightest: Pine Needles, Rustic Wilderness & Mowed Lawn. Interestingly enough when I stamped out a mask today I used all Distress Inks; Walnut Stain, Brushed Corduroy, Rustic Wilderness, Mowed Lawn & Old Paper and they looked fab together too! I needed a mask for my trees and my butterfly because I was totally lame and forgot to ink blend a background - I ended up using a blending brush with Oxide Tumbled Glass and unintentionally made it look like clouds. I colored the butterfly using my alcohol markers in Yellow, Deep Yellow & Orange, Black on the wings and Cool Gray for the head. The 'thinking of you' sentiment was from the same set as the butterfly. Feels like home was from a set in my stash, both sentiments were stamped using Altenew's Permanent Black. I used a die from my stash for the red matting layer and popped both on a piece of 120# Accent Opaque. I thank MSC and WAW for the challenge of thinking outside the box. I'm still not fantastic at it but I feel like I'm getting better piecing things together that might not normally mesh. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another try

Mod Squad Challenge

Rainbow Bridge