Another try

Theme: Sympathy



Hi there! I got this stamp off Amazon Warehouse and ever since, I've been wanting to have a go at it using my Sharpie markers. With the gift of some Memento ink, I was finally able to play! I stamped the image in the aforementioned Memento, a couple times to make sure I had the whole image. I hadn't used a dye pad since I was a child and it was hard for me to tell if I was putting ink down on the stamp. I colored it in with Sharpies and tried my hand at alternating colors with like colors. For my first time, I'm thrilled. I used the print then cut feature on Cricut for the sentiment and layered the background for the text an extra 3 times for some dimension. The vase started on A2 cut card stock but I cut it down so that I could layer it on the gray matting. It is a side folding card and I left it blank inside.

Comments

  1. Such a lovely card. I get the whole "second attempt" thing. In fact, I keep trying until I get it (somewhat) right. I'm not good at learning new techniques, so to be really honest, sometimes I just give up and don't try again. My greatest crafting struggle has always been, and forever will be, heat embossing. #epicfail every time. Come play along at Word Art Wednesday. Always Anything Goes/Family Friendly and lots of FAB prizes. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again,
      Yes, I've just started my journey into heat embossing and so far I quite like it even if it doesn't always come out the way I was hoping. I just got 4 colors today that I look forward to playing with after our vacay - Holographic, Sticky (so I can add foil to anything!), Silver & White. I got the Maker in April and i've forayed into a bit since then. I never knew realized how badly I missed making things.
      Carly

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mod Squad Challenge

Rainbow Bridge