Rainbow Bridge

 Another Day, Another Card

Theme: Sympathy

    Thinking of the Rainbow Bridge always brings me sadness but also the good memories start to pour forth. As soon as I saw the rainbow stencil on KSS, I thought I should make a Rainbow Bridge card. I used both their rainbow and cloud stencil SVG. I used Broken China, Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemon, Spiced Marmalade and Wilted Violet Distress Oxides for the rainbow. For the clouds I used a base of Black Soot and blended in Hickory Smoke Oxides. I found the cat silhouette on Cricut and modified it down to what you see. I also used the Cricut writing feature for the words. I glued the black silhouette to the rainbow and then matted it on purple. I had another version of the rainbow that I embossed but I didn't like that one either so I used the rainbow I liked best of the two. I made this for the Mod Squad Challenge but I also think it's a good one to have on hand. The very first pet I lost as an adult rocked my world and my dad gave me a card with the Rainbow Bridge on it. Since then, I always try to pass on the sentiment so that maybe I can help someone else find a little slice of peace in their time of need. I thought about putting the poem on the inside but left it blank for now. 

 

 

Comments

  1. Hello. Did you check the winner of the Mod Squad Challenge Blog for the Sympathy Card challenge? https://modsquadchallenge.com/winners-sympathy/
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I just checked this morning! We've been in Oregon and I kept meaning to check but vacation with a near 2 year old does not feel like vacation haha. Thank you so much! I've just emailed Joyce.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mod Squad Challenge

Another try