Be Unique

MSC Entry 1

 Theme: Butterfly 


        I've always found such beauty in butterflies. They are amazing creatures that come naturally in vibrant beautiful colors (& some not so vibrant). When I was a teenager (17) I went to a butterfly sanctuary with my dad in Costa Rica. At the time I was really into photography so I took lots of photos so I'd never forget. Unfortunately, I didn't just enjoy myself in first person so I don't remember it as well as I'd have liked. I didn't learn until I was in my mid-20's that I hold on to the memories a lot easier when I'm not watching/experiencing something through the lens of something else. I'm glad I did learn that about myself before I had my baby, who's turning 2 in November! 

 


 

    I'm ridiculously anal retentive but I try not to let it control me in art so although I stamped it twice, I picked the best one and moved on- be unique is the message I see in this sentiment. Perfection isn't unique. Anyway, I loved this stamp set the first time I saw it and knew I needed it.  Made for Mod Squad Challenge mostly but also Word Art Wednesday, I used FSJ's Beautiful Wings layered stamp and sentiment. On Hammermill's 80# cover, I used Distress Oxides in Cracked Pistachio as the base color, Broken China & the top is Altenew's Permanent Black. I stamped the sentiment using VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with Ranger's Silver. I used a similarly colored pattern paper in my stash as the mat and placed that on 120# Accent Opaque for a top folding card base.

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another try

Mod Squad Challenge

Rainbow Bridge