Trying Something Different

Thank you, Take Two


    On a recent live I was able to watch, I commented that I'd had a mishap with trying to flatten something that had warped after I'd heat embossed it, using Mama Minc. Two things - apparently it doesn't matter how heavy weight the paper is, if it's not watercolor paper, it's going to warp. Secondly, setting something with a heat gun is easier & much faster than letting it air dry, plus you can kind of control the warp as long as you frequently move your hand. 😏 Unfortunately for me, it still did warp a bit but I just used the weight of my Easy Press 2 on the lowest setting possible and it did the trick enough to mat it (without taking off the entire heat embossing, as had happened with the Minc). I do like heat embossing and although I can do okay with inking over, I need more practice with the sprays. From now on, I'll link everything below because I lose my train of thought too easily.

    For this top folding card, I used watercolor paper and heat embossed in a couple different layers using Versa Mark & clear WOW powder. I used the same Recollections set for both floral & word. I found a neat patterned paper in my stash to use as the mat. I started off with Silver Shimmering Bliss and after heat setting continued on with Luscious Lawn, Mindaro & Vivid Volt. I heat set each layer - I was trying to see if it helped them not just totally get lost in one another. I'm not sure it did any good but I topped it off with Iridescent because why not? I specifically made this card for Mod Squad Challenge and Word Art Wednesday challenges but it'll be nice to have on hand.

  As promised, the supplies I used are:

Shimmering Bliss 

Recollections Stamp Set 

Accent Opaque 

Wow! Embossing Powder 

Heat Gun

Watercolor Postcards


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another try

Mod Squad Challenge

Rainbow Bridge