Thank You

A First for Me

Mod Squad Challenge

Theme: Thank You



I still feel like I’m out of my depth making cards but it gets my brain going and pushes me to think outside my comfort zone. When I saw this challenge, I had no idea but knew I needed to try. 

When I saw the Isle of Big Bay from Kitchen Sink Stamps, I could picture the basics of what I did but knew it wouldn’t look right on an A2. So, I did a top folding Slimline base, 8.5” wide by 3.5” tall- I wasn’t sure how I’d like it but I do! I used a scripty patterned paper as the mat and as the inner letters. I layered the letters 2x with 120 lb card stock for some dimension, using this die: Deco Bold Alpha. I cut the trees SVG with my Maker and then stamped using Distress Inks in Mowed Lawn followed by Rustic Wilderness. I stamped the water directly on the card front using Mermaid Lagoon and then Chipped Sapphire. I applied Mustard Seed directly to my silicone mat and added water, used a paintbrush to draw the sun then I used Salty Ocean and really diluted with water to create a sky colored wash. The little birds behind the sun are also from Kitchen Sink Stamps, Friends of the Moon. I used Walnut Stain for the birds. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mod Squad Challenge

Another try

Rainbow Bridge